Friday, March 27, 2009

goodnight, i love you.

Yeah it sucks that you gotta feel so down.
And it sucks that your hearts breaking,
it sucks that you gotta see the pieces shattering
But it sucks most that you have to watch them hit the ground

so i promise you, on a rainy day like today, i'll be here for you
but don't you see? my heart's been breaking a while now
don't you see? that you're killing me everyway, inside and out
and still i promised and will promise again, i'll be there for you

every single thing i tell you, i just wish someone could tell me
that there'll be better days, that i'll make it through this
that this's gonna make me stronger, that suffering preludes bliss
I'm telling you you're never alone, but I know I'm always lonely

and then you dish it out, the veiled and unintended attack
you say goodnight, you're grateful, and you put a heart with goodbye
and that brings me back, it does, and its like ripping my Sun from the sky
i tell myself you're not mocking me, that if you are you'd take it back

but now i've to try and sleep, after humming you your lullaby
i turned your tears into a smile, and in return you gave me pain
its like i gave you an umbrella, and in return you have me rain
now i wish, someone, anyone, could just help me get by

you think i give you strength, but i admire and desire yours
you moved on, you forgot, you didn't even hurt for a day
now that we're here i really wish i begged you to stay
i'm left, alone, the remover and the new owner, of all your sores

coz as you sleep and dream, all your troubles fade away
and simultaneously, my trouble's are getting the best of me
you wish i was with you, and now i wish you were with me
we both mean it differently, there's nothing more to say.

we're on different pages, maybe just different books
i'm sorry i feel like this, i know you hoped for better
but there's no such thing in my life, go find another
everyone thought this was love, but nothings like how it looks

Goodnight, I love you, have you seen the stars tonight?
Goodnight, I love you, you're not alone tonight.
Goodnight, I love you, but i'm all alone tonight.
Goodnight, I love you, you put out my stars tonight.

-Zack

edit: this is not by me, it's a friend of a friend's. beautiful though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blarghs